Standard Operating Policies & Procedures
Management Committee Structure & Guidelines
The new MC structure was finalized in consonance with the new Constitution with unanimous support of MC members. The structure was developed to drive greater effectiveness and agility in the management of the institution.
The two arms, Academy and Productions and its operations will be managed by the Executive team, with the Head of Institution running the same on a day-to-day basis.
Five Key Appointment Holders i.e. Key Office Bearers will now be responsible to work closely with the Executive team in providing support and direction.
The five Key Office Bearers consist of President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Vice Presidents. This structure will be further supported by a. Board Committees and b. Expert Committees.
Management Committee members are selected based on the following criteria:
2. Skills and Knowledge
3. Commitment and Leadership Qualities
Training and Orientation for new members of the Management Committee are conducted at the time of joining.
All Management Committee members are required to declare Conflict of Interest, renewable annually as attached here.
Further guidelines are listed detailed in the SIFAS Constitution.
The Management Committee will have Board Committees, that will focus on development, growth, policy making in the various aspects. The Board Committees are now comprised of:
1. Academy Development overseen by Dr Narayanan Balasubramanian
2. Operational Excellence overseen by
3. Community Engagement overseen by Ms Daisy Irani Subaiah and Ms Ranjani Rangan
4. Festivals, Performances and External Relations overseen by Mr Puneet Pushkarna
5. Buildings and Facilities Management overseen by Ms Kirtida Mekani
6. Personnel Committee constituted with the Key Office Bearers and invited HR expert(s).
The Expert Committees consist of:
1. Public Affairs led by Mr Mohamed Irshad
2. Marketing and Branding led by Ms Sabanitha Shanmugasundaram
3. Internal Audit led by Mr Abhijit Ghosh
4. Governance and Legal led by Mr. Gautam Narasimhan
5. Archives, History and Resources led by Ms Soundarya Sukumar
6. Investment Committee led by Mr Amit Sinha
Special Committees will be formed for specific purposes when necessary. Some of the Special Committees include: Building Fundraising Committee for the new SIFAS premises, an International Advisory Panel and the 75 Years Celebrations Committee.
Evaluations of the Committees effectiveness and KPI achievements as per Terms of Reference (TOR) are conducted through stakeholder feedback, observations and assessments at Management Committee meetings held once every two months, along with feedback from members during the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Begin Your Journey Today
Want to enrol in SIFAS? Begin your classes as soon as the start of next month! Become a member and register as a student:
Information is correct at the time of publication.
Copyright of SIFAS 2023.